BRING HEROES TO LIFE
TRAINING COURSE ON HOW TO INSPIRE YOUNGSTERS TO BRING THEIR POTENTIAL TO REALITY
FROM THURSDAY 5th APRIL (ARRIVAL DAY) TO FRIDAY 13th APRIL (DEPARTURE DAY) 2018
The Training Course (TC) “Bring Heroes to Life” and you are among the 25 participants that will take part in the training. There will be 2 participants per country from Italy, UK, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Denmark, Austria, Slovakia, Romania, Turkey and Greece. You are among these participants, because we believe that you will benefit from the training course. As well we believe that you will be the one that can share his/her experience with others and therefore be the source of enrichment for the other participants.
We hope that those 8 days we will spend together be for you a vivid and useful intercultural experience. To achieve this, it’s needed to look at some practical needs.
How will we do it?
It will NOT be a TC where you can sit back and relax. There will be some agreements, we will use some mindfulness methods, we will use some active methods, based on experimental learning in combination with practical theory. This means that we will work in workshops, with role plays and exchange the experiences we have from our day to day work and discuss concrete future project plans.
The official language will be English only.
THE CONTENT AND ACTIVITIES
Youth work puts lots of focus on developing the competences and the capacities of young people (POTENTIAL). European Commission invests in youth’ education, offering dozens of programs to increase their mobility and support their employment. Though above all, the new need arises that all this potential must be put into REALITY. Why? As the POTENTIAL is still yet to arise, still yet to be brought to LIFE. There are competent youths (=HERO) and we need to start implementing the potential into life, to put competences into practice. It is time to
support youth in order to “BRING HEROES TO LIFE”. The training will be based on the elements of experiential learning, self-directed learning and non-formal education (NFE).
The project includes these results:
– increased competences of the youth workers directly involved in the project;
– video with information and key elements of the project;
– articles outlining the importance of transferring the competences into practice and the
purpose in life.
The aim of the project is to enhance competences of youth workers to support young people
cultivating their competences purposefully for personal, professional and social growth.
1. To increase the knowledge of youth workers related to the transferability of non-formal and
informal learning acquisitions into competences;
2. To increase the understanding level of youth workers why a purpose in life is significant for
3. To develop the skills of youth workers in supporting young people applying their
competences in a purposeful way;
4. To increase the motivation of youth workers in conducting young people to use their
competences (professionally and personally);
5. To create a professional follow-up plan in order for youth workers to use it with the young
people they work with.
During the TC there will be an Intercultural Evening. We will be able to present our
own cultures – national, regional, personal or any kind of culture you feel you belong to. We
would be very glad to see how you imagine your own culture, not the culture of your country!
One of the nice side effects of international TC is the opportunity to meet interesting
people from different organizations all over Europe.
- General information on European Youth Program
- Non-formal education and intercultural learning
- Formal/Non-Formal/informal Education background
- Intercultural learning
Special thanks to: